Thyroid Self Test Kit
- HOME TESTING: Our thyroid testing kit detects the presence of TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) in blood specimens. Use the Newfoundland app to guide you through the test process.
- CERTIFIED: The Newfoundland Overactive thyroid testing kit is CE & MHRA certified and used by medical professionals and healthcare providers all over the world
- ACCURACY: Thyroid check with an accuracy rating of 98.2%, our simple thyroid self test uses a blood sample to detect elevated levels of TSH in blood by measuring monoclonal antibodies
- HOW IT WORKS: The Newfoundland home thyroid test kit is simple to use and only requires a blood sample, taken and tested using the enclosed testing kit with results in under 20 minutes
Measures levels of TSH in the blood
This home Thyroid Testing Kit measures levels of TSH in the blood to help you ascertain if these are elevated or not.
Thyroid stimulating hormone – which is also known as thyrotropin, thyrotrophic hormone, TSH, or hTSH – is a pituitary hormone that stimulates the thyroid gland to produce thyroxine, and then triiodothyronine, which stimulates the metabolism of almost every tissue in the body.
When levels of TSH are raised, this may indicate hypothyroidism – a condition caused by the thyroid gland not making enough thyroid hormones. Symptoms of an underactive thyroid include unexplained weight gain, tiredness, depression and loss of libido.
Knowing that your TSH levels are high can help to start discussions with your GP about a possible cause for your symptoms. At home thyroid tests can be one of the quickest ways to investigate this possibility and can be done in your own time.
Our Home Thyroid Test Kit contains everything you need to test your blood for raised levels of TSH. You will see the results in 10 minutes.
Inside the box you will find:
- 1 x alcohol swab
- 1 x lancet
- 1 x dropper bulb
- 1 x test cassette
- 1 x tube of diluent buffer solution
- 1 x set of instructions
People often have symptoms that they struggle to get a diagnosis for. While hypothyroidism is certainly not the cause in every case, it sometimes provides an answer for a multitude of symptoms.
Knowing that they have hypothyroidism can sometimes be an important step in helping people to understand why they have certain symptoms that have evaded diagnosis.
There are also a number of treatment options available, including daily hormone replacement tablets.
People with hypothyroidism sometimes find they have a dizzying array of symptoms for which their doctors are struggling to find a cause. These include muscle cramps, constipation, weight gain, sensitivity to cold, pain, numbness or tingling in the hands and fingers, depression, tiredness and more.
If a blood test reveals that TSH levels are high, it can help to open up a dialogue with your doctors about the possibility of hypothyroidism.
Shipping & Returns
🚚 Quick, Reliable & Worldwide Shipping! 🌍
Teamed up with top carriers like Royal Mail, Spring Global, DHL, and FedEx, we ensure your orders reach you promptly and safely.
🕒 Dispatch Timescales
Expect potential delays due to high demand; we aim to provide you the freshest and latest products, adding 1-3 working days for processing. Learn more about our fulfilment process.
🔔 Select Your Shipping Option
At checkout, choose the optimal shipping method based on your order’s specifics.
🇬🇧 Domestic Shipping
Free Shipping on orders over £60!
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 (Up to 10kg): 2 to 4 business days
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (Up to 10kg): 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express Domestic (Up to 10kg): 1 to 3 business days
🌍 International Shipping
We offer global shipping! The courier for delivery can vary based on location.
- Weight-based pricing
- Shipping charges are displayed at checkout
- 3 to 10 business days
⚠️ Important for Non-EU & EU Customers
- Non-EU: Your order may incur additional import duties and taxes.
- EU: VAT is paid at checkout; additional customs duties may apply. More info here.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists or product packaging.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Product photos are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect the actual product that you receive.
Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer.
Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
HealthPharm.co.uk accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.